MK Deep CycleMobility batteries are the number one battery choice by leading manufacturers. MK Gel Scooter and Wheelchair batteries have a durable sealed construction that is FAA, IATA and UPS approved. The Gelled/Suspended Electrolyte in non liquid; allowing the battery to be leak free in any position. The re-sealing vent system prevents excessive internal pressure; thus, they cannot explode under normal conditions.
Simple Battery Care Tips:
- Use the manufacturer's automatic charger for all routine charging.
- Never use an automotive or wet-type charger on sealed Gel or AGM Batteries. (This will damage your batteries)
- Don't "top off" the battery with frequent charging.
Frequently Asked Battery Questions:
How often should I charge my Battery
- Daily Users: Charge nightly. This applies to anyone who uses their equipment for community mobility outside the home.
- Occasional Users: Charge your battery before an outing and always after active use. ( Ideally when the "fuel gauge" is about 50 percent).
How should a battery be stored
- Always store your batteries "fully charged".
- Check all batteries once a month and recharge as needed.
- Sealed Gel and AGM batteries can hold a charge for up to 6 months.
- When storing a char or scooter for more than 2 weeks, charge the batteries and then disconnect them.
- Avoid Hot and Cold extremes when storing batteries.